Friday, October 29, 2010

Flashbacks.....

All BEFORE a Day's Work
I had to be to work at 1pm that afternoon, but I had a ton of tomatoes and Serrano peppers that just wouldn't wait another day. So I made quick work in the kitchen and managed to get most everything canned or froze before I had to leave for my real job.
3 Qts. Tomato Soup Base (freezer)
1Qt. + 4Pts. Stewed Tomatoes (canned)
2 Different Batches of Salsa =
4Pts. + 8 1/2 Pts. (canned)
1Pt. in fridge for snacking (not pictured)
(Not pictured = 1 loaf of bread & 1 scalloped potato casserole for dinner)
Yummy chunks of fresh herbs and veggies!

Leftovers
The peppers got dried and the 'maters found their home in a fresh pot of pasta sauce.

I love getting so much done in the morning. It makes the rest of the day seem relaxed.


No comments: