Friday, December 10, 2010

Thanksgiving Baker

Every year for Thanksgiving we are invited to our dear friend's house to share in an amazing feast. Every year I am asked to bring maybe a side dish or rolls but always a dessert. This year Stown took charge of the kitchen and made the dessert.
Carefully measuring...

and stirring...

Viola!!
German Apple Torte!

A beautiful marzipan crust wrapped around apples cooked in a Calvados (apple brandy) sauce - over three inches thick!!

It didn't last long once the first cut was made. I think I have a baker on my hands. Stown enjoys playing in the kitchen. We like to cook together and I try to teach him all my secrets - one by one. Perhaps one day he will tell me to relax, hand me a glass of wine and serve me dinner. As for now, we are having fun together!!

Hope you had a truly wonderful Thanksgiving!!
Remember to be thankful every day.



No comments: