Sunday, January 2, 2011

Another Baking Day...

For Hanukkah Stown decided to give me one of the gifts he had bought for me, a new beater blade for my mixer that scrapes the bowl as it spins. He knew I had a big baking day coming up and could really use it. On a Sunday morning, Jim and Stown went to the mountain for the day, leaving me home alone.
Dressed in my flowered flip flops to match my flowered apron, I addressed the dogs and gave them strict instructions to stay out of my kitchen.
Five hours, four cds, three cups of coffee, two patient dogs
and one floured baker.

The boys came home to a table covered with goodies. Bars, cookies, fudge, bread - I stopped counting after 10 loaves and 28 dozen cookies (not all pictured). They were kind enough to bring home a pizza so I could kick up my heels and retire with a glass of wine for the day.

Most of these delights went out in boxes or bags to various friends, relatives, mail folk, trash men, etc. We still have a few in the freezer but they may be there until February as we are "cookied out" for the season.

Hope you had a delicious holiday season!!

No comments: