Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Snowshoeing...again!

Really, how often do I get to go snowshoeing two Wednesdays in a row?!

This week I went with my friend Barb, her sister Jill (visiting Durango) and Jill's funny lil' pup Sally.
Of course, we went to one of my favorite places - La Plata Canyon.

We explored a series of frozen beaver dams.
 Lead the way Sally!!
 We found mountain lion tracks.
Which didn't photograph very well.
 A beautifully constructed and still intact paper wasp nest.
 A peek at the opening, shows it to be dormant or vacant. 
I wasn't gong to knock and find out.
(I believe it was a paper wasp nest but I am no expert, if someone knows better please feel free to comment with a correction.)
 Barb and Jill
At the end, Sally was so excited with her new buddies that she hopped right in my car with them.  Sorry, Sally you can't go home with your friends.

Another peaceful day spent in the canyon!!


Oops, again my failure to be competent in computers shines through.  I compressed these photos to email to someone and now they are forever small.  I was later informed that I should make a separate file with duplicates in it , one for originals and one for altered.  Ugh!!  Live and learn.

No comments: