Thursday, November 21, 2013

sewing project


  Summer Sewing Project

A friend of mine sent me these great overalls that she found in a yard sale or thrift store or where ever.  A patchwork patterned fabric that was super lightweight and perfect for a hot day working in the garden or lounging on the deck.  However, me being a tall woman, overalls and I have never really gotten along.  I can only let out the straps so far and they still tend to give me a bit of a rise up when I bend over.  Not the most comfortable clothing design I have worn.  So I decided to get creative and turned them into a dress.  Thankfully the busy pattern lent itself to not so perfect sewing skills.
 
Before

 
After
 
My "new" dress was perfect for slipping on after work or for a lazy afternoon on the deck.
 
Thanks for the inspiration Peggy!
 
 

No comments: