Monday, February 15, 2010

Harvest Gift Basket


This was a basket I finished shortly after the first of the year for a friend of mine. I had started it prior to Thanksgiving but with the holidays, busy schedules and a houseful of company it took a bit longer than I expected. It was created entirely from pine needles gathered in my yard, beeswax and hemp twine. Durable and beautiful, I hope it goes to good use as a fruit basket and not just a dust collector on a shelf.
I had also made a small tray for Jim, a sort of collection plate for his keys and such. However, when I went to photograph it my camera was acting up. Perhaps another day will bring forth a picture of the second creation of the year.
I have an enormous tub of pine needles waiting for me to work. I am in hopes of creating more baskets and callouses before the winter's snow melt and the gardening calls me to the outdoors again.

2 comments:

Jim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jim said...

Very Nice Basket Seana!!!

I love that you have stayed with the hemp twine and beeswax style, it makes for such authentic looking baskets.

I really love this one, the shape and the tight looking weave, a beautiful piece of work.