Friday, June 26, 2015

What's Round on the Ends & High in the Middle?

OHIO!
 Back in April, I flew to Ohio to surprise my Granno for her 83rd birthday.  (Her birthday is at the beginning of May, but the end of April was as close as I could get with work.)  She had no idea I was coming.  Uncle John picked me up at the airport and drove me to town.  On the way, he called her and asked if she wanted to meet for pizza.  She agreed and I hid in a corner booth eagerly awaiting her arrival.  For the next eight days it was her and I and lot of fun!
 
Granno & Me
She was speechless when she realized who was sitting in the booth!
 

~click to enlarge~
We drove through old Amish country and I got to check out old grave yards.  I love the old headstones.  The oldest one I found was from 1852.
So intricate in the carvings.
 

Definitely worn by the weather.
 
141 years old - and still standing!
It was rainy that day and I took a lot of photos but these were the best due to the flat light.
 

*Before*
When you're 83 and and a young whipper-snapper comes to visit what do you do?
Put her to work in the yard!

*After*
 

Tiramisu picnic in the park.
 

Honey
She wasn't the only fat cat.  After 10 days (2 travel - 8 stay), I had packed on a few pounds too!  So much good food, wine and conversation.  I didn't bother trying to break away to go for a run.  We spent every moment together and enjoyed each other's company to the fullest.
 
more to come...
 

No comments: