Wednesday, June 17, 2015

But Sometimes the Cook Cuts the Wrong Thing...

Oops!
 
A few weeks after the amazing lasagna day, I decided to make homemade raviolis.  I put on my favorite Frank Sinatra cd.  Then I set out the pasta roller, the ricotta, the spinach and mushrooms. I sharpened my favorite knife and started chopping.  Jim disappeared to take a shower.  It wasn't long before I was knocking on the bathroom door asking for butterfly band aids and tape.  After a cleaning my finger I realized this wasn't going to be an easy fix.  Being a considerate person, I called our local urgent care to see how late they were open (I didn't want to show up as they were locking the doors for the night.).  Soon I was knocking on the door again letting Jim know I was driving myself to town for stitches.  Of course, he wouldn't let me do that. He quickly dressed and we headed to town.  A few hours and three stitches later we were headed home with take out pizza for the night.
Ugly, huh?
 
 Through a good part of the nail, they couldn't put stitches there.
I just had to keep it wrapped.
 
About a month later.
 
It wasn't too bad, as far as injuries go.  It was a bit of a pain in my as! due to working with my hands all day and the cold weather didn't really help.  Aside from some weird feeling, I am all healed and back to chopping in the kitchen again.  Only now, I go a bit slower.
 
 
*On a weird side note, the fact that the knife was super sharp it made for a clean cut that healed quite fast.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Oops..... and Owie ! Don't you love how it takes them just a few seconds to put the stitches in but you have to wait several hours to get them? Hope it feels better.