Wednesday, September 29, 2010

June California Trip: Part IV

PART IV: J.B. !!
Jim and I met my older brother, Darby, and his partner, Amy, in downtown Riverside for an afternoon with my new nephew - James Brooks (J.B)!!
J.B.
He didn't seem too excited to meet us.
J.B.
After a few minutes of slapping the table, we were all laughing.
Then it was time to find lunch. We ate on an open patio in a beautiful commons area that was once a street but had been closed off. No pictures of the area, unfortunately, we were busy eating and playing with J.B.
Riverside's historic downtown has many old Spanish style buildings. After lunch we wandered the streets and little shops.

Wonderful arches

The Historic Mission Inn

Mission Inn - different view

Amidst all the Spanish and brick there is a rather new Chinese Gazebo. It seemed a bit out of place to me. In the foreground, is a sun dial of sorts. Or so we think, there was not a sign to explain it and it had appeared to have been vandalized and wouldn't rotate like we thought it should.
Me, J.B. & Darby

Amy, J.B & Darby
After our tour of downtown, we had to get going - off to the next stop on our Tour De California. They walked us back to our truck and we said our goodbyes.
J.B. is soooo stinkin' cute!! I wish we were a bit closer. I know the next time I see his he will be running around and babbling words. He wasn't even a year old on this trip. I can't wait to spend more time with him.
Where did we go next?...


No comments: