Friday, September 24, 2010

Rainbow Tour 2010


Triple Layer Black Forest Chocolate Cherry cake I baked for all the birthdays,
past and upcoming.
In celebration of my Granno's 78th birthday, she and my Uncle John set off on the Rainbow Tour 2010 in May. It was to be a cross country camping - Yes, camping - trip to visit all the grand kids. Well, the second stop on the tour was Durango Colorado on
Memorial Day Weekend.
Uncle Rick, Uncle John, Granno & Papa Waldo
Uncle Rick drove in from Arizona as did my Papa. I had secured two side by side camp sites in La Plata Canyon for our two nights of fun, adventure and family time. We arrived at camp after dinner back at my house and after the cars were unloaded we broke out the cocktails.
CHEERS TO FAMILY!!

Darkness was coming soon, as the false sunset had already occurred over the western mountains.
Get to work John and get those tents set up!


Uncle John, Me, Granno & Papa Waldo
Rick chose to sleep back in the comforts of my house and Jim was unable to camp because he had to work the next morning.
So,the four of us were left alone to our own devices for the evening.
Start the bonfire!

My Beautiful Granno
Did I mention there La Plata River / Creek was right behind our camp?
The next morning we wandered over for a few family photos.


Me, Papa Waldo & Granno
Three generations.
I am the eldest of my father's daughters and he is the eldest of Granno's two sons.
(His real name is Wally - Waldo is cute but Granno wasn't that mean to him. He he!)


Papa Waldo, Granno, Uncle John

After the photo shoot Uncle John and I wandered down stream to enjoy
the peacefulness and ponder the meaning of life.
Is there Meaning?

Ok, this is just freaky but let me explain.
Our camera has a "Smile" feature where it actually can detect the smile and snap the picture. You can adjust just how much of a smile you want.
So, we were having fun trying to get it to recognize a really big cheesy grin.
Cheesy enough?

Jim & Granno
Jim demonstrates a much nicer smile.
He came out to join the festivities after work on the second evening.
Well, a great time was had by all. Everyone was back on the road safely the next day. As my Granno would say, "It sure was a treat to have everyone together!" We all got a lot of one on one visiting along with group story time with everyone. I don't know when it will happen again but I know it won't be soon enough for any of us.
Love your family - It's the only one you get!



No comments: