Wednesday, September 22, 2010

CREATIONS

This is a gourd basket I finished earlier this year in celebration of my friend's birthday and our 17 year friendship. It was my first experiment with wood burning.

Here is a sample of the pattern I created to wrap the bowl. It symbolizes the cycle of water and how it always come back around... Like a good friend.


As you can see in the sun, located on the end / point of the gourd, the skin does not burn evenly. It made it a bit challenging during the finer details.



I little ditty I wrote on the bottom. It seems that her and I have always been separated not only by distance but geographical barriers as well. I currently live in the mountains and she by the sea.


This is an overview of the shape. I tried to follow the natural flow of the gourd, wavering in and out. Exaggerated by the pine needles, it give and good feel to the over all finished basket / bowl.



Isn't this just a beautiful loaf of bread?
If only this was a smell-o-site! Fresh from my oven, this didn't last long before it met it's fate with a knife and a stick of butter.









No comments: