Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Hot Breakfast!

Welcome to Winter!!
Cold mornings demand a hot breakfast before walking to the bus stop. Normally, I get up and make Stown a big bowl of oatmeal with milk, raisins and brown sugar, or sometimes bacon and eggs. However, as the holidays approach and my work hours lengthen there will be days he has to make his own breakfast. He usually goes for the quick and easy yogurt and granola. Not quite warm enough for the early morning temperatures that have been in the teens lately, at least in my opinion.

I got to thinking of something quick and easy that he can throw in the toaster oven (we don't have a microwave) while he gets dressed and came up with individual breakfast casseroles!!

I picked up three 12oz Pyrex bowls at the thrift store. I buttered each dish and layered them with boiled potato chunks, left over ham and shredded cheese. Then I mixed three eggs, a splash of milk, salt and pepper, and divided between the bowls. I topped them with bread crumbs before I baked them at 350 (until the centered were cooked), covered them and put them in the fridge.

Now Stown can enjoy a hot breakfast even if I am catching up on my recovery rest.

No comments: