Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Spoke Too Soon?

After my post yesterday the Mother Nature decided to show me a thing or two. Snow flurries whirled through the air and the temperature dropped. The snow didn't stick to the ground but it did add an air of winter to the world. When I came home last night, I notice a different smell in the house. Then a moment later I heard the furnace fire up. So much for open windows and fresh air until next spring.
This morning as Stown and Jim left the house I snapped a picture of the thermometer just outside the front door. A brisk 15 degrees!! (F on the left C on the right) I hurried back into the warm house and started a nice wintery comfort meal.

Sheppard's Pie

Fresh Bread with a Salt Crust

Now my boys will have a warm cozy meal when they come home tonight.

If winter's really here, then let it snow!!


***As for the clothes I hung out on the line to dry yesterday, well when Stown brought them in after school and they were frozen stiff. After a good thawing they ended up in the dryer.

No comments: